For yet another year, the Organizing Committee is pleased to introduce the 30th edition of the International Symposium on Controversies in Psychiatry, which will focus on "Trauma and Mental Health". The meeting will take place on April 25 and 26, 2024.
This year we want to continue maintaining our original format, which we already recovered in 2023, normalizing presence, and at the same time offering live video streaming to be able to reach all those professionals in any corner of the world who cannot travel to Barcelona. In any case, we trust that Controversies in Psychiatry will continue to be a reference meeting for the community of mental health professionals around the world.
Each year the symposium deals with a relevant Mental Health topic for which the main experts from around the world are invited as speakers. Each of them presents their experience and the results of their research completely independent of the pharmaceutical industry. Controversias is the only event of its kind in continental Europe and we believe that the continued success of the audience over time validates its format and proposed methodology.
This year's topic on "Trauma and Mental Health" we believe is one of the most current and controversial in our professions, and that it needs an updated systematization. To do this, we will try to discuss the biological, psychological and social bases that lead from psychotrauma to mental disorder, as well as different aspects of the clinic and the various forms of therapeutic approach that can be implemented.
We look forward to your attendance and that we can meet again in Barcelona or online.
- NARCÍS CARDONER M.D., Hospital de Sant Pau & Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- CRISANTO DÍEZ-QUEVEDO M.D., Hospital Germans Trias i Pujol & Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona
- EDUARD VIETA M.D., Hospital Clínic de Barcelona & Universitat de Barcelona
- Asociación de Controversias en Psiquiatría
- Alex Vallejo-Blanxart, Eng.PhD MBA MSc, Doctor TIC co.
- Bocemtium co.: On-site attendance (attendees, speakers & venue)
- Doctor TIC co.: Online attendance (webinar, webcasts) & Marketing